KR & The Easton Group To Build 195,000 SF Spec Tech-Enabled Building Near New Tesla Plant
News, Real Estate | February 26, 2021
Dallas-based Keating Resources and Miami-based The Easton Group teamed up to build a speculative 195,000 square foot “Technology-Enabled Building” at an A+ location at the northeast corner of Texas Highway 183 and Texas Highway 812, a 10-minute drive from Austin International Airport and Tesla’s new plant. Gerard Keating, CEO of Keating Resources, said the building will be built on 20 of a 30-acre property owned by Holt Caterpillar (www.holtcat.com) which will build a 22,000 square foot Texas First Rentals facility on the adjacent 10 acres. Both buildings are under full design and will be delivered in 2022. The site is located in Federal Opportunity Zone.
Keating said the label of “industrial building” does not appropriately reflect the design or ability of the building the team will build. The design incorporates features that enable tenants to incorporate different types of processes and technology to answer current dynamics in the economy. Keating branded the design “Technology Enabled.”
The team recently completed the first of its kind near downtown Tampa. The 178,000 square facility is 84% leased within 60 days of completion at record rental rates for the Tampa market.
Keating said that the office finish for the building is coming in at 20-30%. A U.K-based company leased 118,000 SF, hosting their headquarters with 20,000 square of office along with specialized processing to support advanced manufacturing of electrical components. Herman Miller dealer, Workscapes, leased 32,000 square feet which will host the headquarters with 9,000 square feet along with showroom, assembly, fulfillment and distribution. The 195,000 Austin will facility will include the following features.
- Minimum of two high-speed fiber providers
- 40’ clear height
- Up to 6,000 usable amp electrical service
- 14’ wide x 16’ high drive-in doors at multiple locations on each side of the building providing the ability to perfect flow-through logistics
- Sixty 10’ x 10’ dock high doors
- 292 car spaces or 1.5 car spaces per 1,000 square feet of building
- R-30 roof insulation creating an air conditioned-ready building per State of Texas energy code
- Roof structurally designed to host solar panels
- Natural gas-powered generators to support uninterrupted 24/7 365 operation
- 100% concrete exterior drive aisles and parking field. No asphalt on site.
- 100% fenced and gated site to ensure secure 24/7 365 operations
The CBRE real estate advisory team of Kyle Lewis, John Barksdale and Mark Emerick have been engaged to lease the building. This is the fifth joint venture in 8 years between Keating and Easton, totaling over 1,000,000 square feet of industrial buildings bought or built.
Keating Resources is owned by Gerard and Alec Keating. The company invests in real estate in Florida, Texas, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Nebraska and has offices in Atkinson, Nebraska, and Dallas, Texas. For more information regarding Keating Resources, please contact Gerard Keating at 402-925-5113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.