Gerard J. Keating is a fifth generation American entrepreneur and owner of Keating Resources (KR). Keating Resources has offices in Naples Florida, USA and Atkinson Nebraska, USA.
KR invests in real estate based hard assets with existing or near term cash flow and related operating companies located in right to work states.
Gerard purchased his first real estate in May of 1986 while attending the University of Nebraska.
Gerard purchased his first real estate in May of 1986 while attending the University of Nebraska. Since this date he has bought, leased, financed, repositioned, built, and sold real estate assets valued in excess of $600 million including $75 million in assets in 2017-2018 alone. He has owned multifamily, restaurant, industrial, retail, office, agriculture, vacant land, mining, rail ports, and river ports located in 7 states. His current focus is value add agriculture and urban industrial.
“My retirement will be announced in my obituary.”
— Gerard J. Keating
Gerard’s real estate skills were strengthened during his time working with professionals at Shonka Real Estate located in O’Neill, Nebraska from 1988-1989, Progress West located in Omaha, Nebraska from 1989-1991, Hiffman Shaffer Associates (HSA) located in Chicago, Illinois from 1991-1999, and NAI Hiffman located in Oakbrook, Illinois from 1999-2004. Gerard was awarded top sales person at HSA in 1996 at which time he became a partner. In 1999, Gerard and 9 others co-founded NAI Hiffman.
Gerard and wife of 28 years, Janet, have two children. Gerard is the youngest of 8 children born to Dolores and John F. Keating in 1964.
Professional Affiliations and Honors:
- Earned the Active Industrial Designation from the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) in 1996
- Earned the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation from the Commercial Real Estate Investment Institute in 1996
- Elected President of the Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers 2002 located in Chicago
- Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member of the National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln | Bachelor of Science Degree May 1987 | Agribusiness Major
- Elected Student Body President/Regent March 1985
- Elected Trustee of the University of Nebraska Foundation in 2012
- Member of Alpha Gamma Sigma fraternity
- Enlisted U.S. Army Reserve in May 1989. Rank Private
- Graduated from Basic Training Ft Leonard Wood, Missouri January 1990
- Earned Military Occupation Skill (MOS) Signal Intelligence Analyst 98C10 graduating in August 1990 from school located at Goodfellow Air Force Base located in San Angelo, Texas
- Earn ed U.S. DOD Security Clearance: Top Secret-Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Accepted in the U.S. Army Officer Candidate School July 1991
- Commissioned July 25, 1992: Rank 2 Lieutenant U.S. Army Infantry
- Graduated from Officer Basic Course (OBC) located at Ft. Benning, Georgia in August 1993
- Honorably Discharged on March 26, 1998 as a 1st Lieutenant after serving full commitment